Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Again

Here you go Sylvie :)

I got off easy this year. My daughter Rachel wanted to be Stitch (from Lilo & Stitch).  We bought her the hat when we were in Disney World in May, and my boss happened to be going to Orlando in October, so he was tasked with picking up the gloves :).  I had intended to make the jumpsuit, but couldn't find the right colour fleece. Luckily I saw this suit at Value Village and it was perfect. It was a Men's size Large, so I did need to hem the sleeves and legs, but that was easy.
My other daughter wanted to be a pirate. As I was looking for a pattern, I was told that it wasn't just any pirate - it had to Elizabeth from Pirates of the Carribean.  I didn't see the movie so I went searching for a picture.  I picked up McCall's 5446, morphed the jacket and vest patterns, and made the shirt out of fleece for warmth.  I think see looks adorable, and she loved it.  She was very proud when a "teenager" told her that she liked her costume while we were out trick or treating :)

Next up ... the traditional Christmas Eve nightgowns.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

I looked last night before going to bed and the pictures were of course not there... It was worth the wait!

The costumes are simply beautiful. Very clever to have your boss shop for the girls.

You know the tradition is not only for the girls: I enjoy looking at the costumes at Halloween and the night gowns at Christmas.