Friday, June 8, 2012

The Birthday Dresses

Here are pics of the dresses.

After measuring my girls, I made a size 7 top, with the length of size 8, but the bodice was too big. When will I learn that New Look patterns seem to run big, especially for my skinny minnys? :).  The instructions for adding the bias tape at the armholes was clear as mud (and I still think they're drawing was wrong) but I did manage to figure it out.  If anyone is interested, I took pictures of the process in case I needed it later :)

The instructions for inserting the lapped zipper sucked, but I did find an excellent tutorial online.  In the future, I think I'll just stick to invisible zips.

1 comment:

Sylvie said...

Very pretty... wow you are producing a lot! What about sewing nice raincoats for the girls?

Sylvie